Saturday, July 30, 2011

Here We Go!

   So I'm kinda new at this blogging stuff but i thought it would be really fun and interesting to write things down that I'm thinking about or whatever!
  
   Something I have been passionate about lately is an organization called charity:water.  It is an awesome thing!  They raise money and build fresh water wells for people in third-world countries who walk miles to get to a little muddy water hole.  Water is something we can't survive without and people are dying everyday because they do not have clean water!  That's just crazy!  Here I am taking my time in a hot shower, drinking clean water whenever I want, and wasting it!  People are very unaware of what is going on in different parts of the world and I think it is our job as Christians to do something about it!
   My awesome cousin Travis was the one who told me about charity:water and he and his friends raised over $5,000 to build a well!  So, I thought my youth group could do the same!  So far we have raised over $2,000 which is awesome!  We still need $3,000 and with God's help I know we can do it!  But we also need everyone else's help too.  :)  


John 7:38
"Whoever believes in me, as Scripture has said, rivers of living water will flow from within them"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment